We know that the color white can be daunting, but don’t let that stop you from purchasing that fresh new pair of white sneakers you’ve had your eye on. Cleaning your shoes can be easier than you think and well worth the time investment for a pair of white shoes that will look new for years to come. From tips on preventing stains to deep cleaning, we’ve got you covered with our guide on how to clean white shoes.
Tips on keeping your white shoes, well, white:
We can’t talk about how to clean white leather shoes without first addressing a few ways to prevent scuffs, stains, and water marks.
Use a protection spray.
- A good protection spray will create an invisible barrier between the elements and your new kicks.
- The Crep protection spray is fast drying and creates a hydro-phobic, invisible coating that repels both water and stains.
- For optimal protection, apply a protection spray before your first wear and reapply every four weeks.
Don’t let your leather shoes dry out.
- When leather is left without a polish/condition, it can easily dry out. Especially in the case of shoes, dry leather will harden and become more prone to scuffing and damage.
- The Crep protect cure kit comes with our cleaning solution that cleans, conditions, and leaves your shoes with the perfect amount of shine.
- If you are interested in learning more about how to keep your KOIOs in tip-top shape, check out some more tips on caring for your KOIOs.
How to clean white shoes:
You may be wondering “what’s the best way to clean white shoes?” Reality is, you’ll find multiple answers to this one question, but we’re here to help ensure that you get the best results from your shoe cleaning experience.
What you’ll need to get started:
- Shoe brush or toothbrush
- Soft cloth
- A cleaning solution
- Eraser sponge
- Paper towels
You can find a premium bristle cleaning brush, a 7-ounce bottle of cleaning solution made with 98% natural ingredients, a microfiber towel, all in the travel-sized Crep protect cure kit. This kit is suitable for more than your leather shoes, but also for suede, nubuck, and canvas materials and is available for purchase through KOIO.
1. Remove shoelaces.
2. Use a dry shoe brush or a toothbrush to brush off any excess dirt.
3. Dip your brush or toothbrush in your cleaning solution and use a gentle scrubbing motion all over the shoes to clean the whole shoe and lift any stains.
4. To remove additional scuffs or stains from the rubber sole, grab your dampened eraser sponge and scrub around the rubber sole.
5. Use a soft cloth to wipe down the entire shoe until it is dry to the touch.
6. Stuff the inside of the shoes with paper towels to help maintain the shape of the shoes as they dry.
7. Let dry completely before lacing the shoes back up and wearing, about 24 hours.
Now that you know how to clean white leather shoes, make sure you own a pair you absolutely love. KOIO has extraordinary white leather sneaker options for both men and women. Crafted from durable Italian leather, our shoes are unbeatable when it comes to comfort, quality, and style. Find your new favorite white sneaker at KOIO.