Here at Koio we know that new sneakers are the best sneakers. Keeping your sneakers looking new and crisp isn’t always easy, especially when you’re wearing them every day (as you should) — so we came up with a guide to help you keep your Koios looking the same as the day you got them.
Maintaining Your Koio Sneakers
Protecting Your Koios
Rain and stains on your sneakers may seem impossible to prevent, but there are steps you can take to protect your Koios from the elements. We recommend that before you wear your Koios, treating your Koios with Crep Protect Spray, The spray uses hydrophobic nano-technology, which creates an invisible coating that repels liquids and prevents stains. Using the spray is simple:
• Hold the can 8-10 inches away from the shoes
• Spray the shoes all over, applying evenly and not drenching or saturating the shoes
• Wait 10 minutes to let the shoes dry
• Spray the shoes again
• Wait 10 minutes
• Your shoes are protected
One application should last you a month if you wear your Koios every day. This spray will not affect the color of the shoes.
Cleaning Your Koios
We recommend using the Crep Protect Cure Kit. The kit consists of a 7-ounce bottle of cleaning solution, a premium bristle brush, and a micro-fiber towel, all conveniently placed inside a travel kit for easy on-the-go storage. Crep Protect’s cleaning solution is made of 98% natural ingredients like coconut extracts, water, and jojoba — it won’t affect the color of your sneakers, and you can use it on many of the different materials we use on our sneakers. That being said, the application of the solution differs by material, as suede and nubuck requires a slightly modified cleaning process.
The cleaning process using the Cure Kit is fairly straightforward, but we have some tips to help make sure you clean your sneakers as effectively as possible:
1. Make sure to throw the Crep Protect micro-fiber towel in the wash first. This way, any loose fibers will wash off, preventing them from being transferred to the shoe during the cleaning process
2. You’ll need a small bowl and warm (not hot!) water
3. Make sure to stuff your shoes with Koio shoe trees so that you don’t crease your shoes while cleaning them