The Koio x P.S. 149 is designed by Shazia Rahman, 8th grade, for her school. Shazia won our design contest in Harlem, New York City school P.S. 149. She and her schoolmates all achieved something incredible together with their Principal, Claudia Aguirre, in the last four years. They got the school from the brink of closure because of low performance to “Good Standing”. To celebrate the success, we initiated this collab sneaker. The proceeds will finance a new kiln that the school requires for its art program.
Koio will donate all profits ($50 from every sneaker sold) to P.S. 149. Funds will go towards purchasing a new kiln for the school.
- Made by hand in the Marche region of Italy
- Constructed with Vitello calf leather—known for its smooth feel and durability
- Lined with buttery-soft Italian calf leather
- Outfitted with outsoles by Margom—renowned for their durable, lightweight rubber
- Finished with hand-painted edges
- Ultra-comfortable, bouncy, removable insole